Tri-State Fall 2017 in Clinton

Discussion of Custom Rod Building and Rod Building Activities.

Moderator: Harold T Durham

Chester Kiekhafer

Tri-State Fall 2017 in Clinton

Postby Chester Kiekhafer » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:20 pm

What can I say about this event?

What a fantastic time I had and I'm sure everyone else could say the same thing that attended. There were about 20 rod builders from various parts of the country and a stranger from the U.K., Chris Ward along with Bill Batson from Batson Enterprises.

We covered topics ranging from my first rod, cork, marbling, weaving, inscriptions and choosing colors. Bill Batson shared with us some of the new products that were just release and he also took back with him some of the things that we as builders would like to see. It was a win-win for everyone. Oh, thanks Bill for the nice rods you gave everyone!

I certainly couldn't forget to say thanks to Garry Land for hosting and to everyone that helped make this a wonderful event. I'm certain to be back again!

Chester

May your lines be tight and your beverages be cold!

Chris Ward

Re: Tri-State Fall 2017 in Clinton

Postby Chris Ward » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:27 pm

Chet,
Great weekend, my chance to meet some of the new names now organising the Guild plus sharing time with BD is always an honour.
Bill Batson was on top form sharing his vast knowledge of products and the trade in general.
Garry a special thank you for inviting me over from the UK, to Sandie and yourself being hosts all week. Please, can you organise the River levels better for our next trip!
Chris Ward

Chester Kiekhafer

Postby Chester Kiekhafer » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:58 pm

Chris,
It was a pleasure to met you in person. I know we've had some conversations in the past, but it is always much better to see face-to-face!
Thanks so much for making it over.

Chet
Chester

May your lines be tight and your beverages be cold!

Becky Loyd

Postby Becky Loyd » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:01 am

Yes, fantastic getting to meet Chris and see the “rods” he was able to bring over with him. I agree that Garry Land deserves a big thank you for bringing together some of favorite people. It was great seeing everyone !

Return to “Custom Rod Building Forum”