Slider

Discussion of Custom Rod Building and Rod Building Activities.

Moderator: Harold T Durham

Grant Darby

Re: Slider

Postby Grant Darby » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:02 pm

Thanks Bob and Kerry, I thought I was the only one that didn'the know what a slider was.........but I also didn'the know about a whole new Web page....Heck, I just figured out how to bookmark stuff.

Chris Ward

Postby Chris Ward » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:54 am

OK, getting back to Harold's original question 'Can the work on the slider be identified'. Having ID'd the easiest of all with Garry L, there is a possibility the Stewart Tartan could be the work of Roger Ratushny, he was out of Bethlehem, PA. I first met Roger back in 1998 at an Allentown Rodcrafter National. Tartans was one of his specials and I still have his 'teaching' stick displaying how a tartan is developed. I recently submitted pictures of a new tartan to the Journal.
Depending on how 'old' the pictures are the image of 3 butts with wood inlay and snake skins, that could be Jack Justis, (met him 2002 in FL), from memory he was displaying rods with similar work.
Also at 2002 FL gathering, along with Jack were B.D. Ehler & Joy Dunlap another of the originators and to watch Joy complete a tartan - so simply.
If anybody is interested in some of the original thread work, back around 2000, 'Uncle Jack' - Jack Lowry from up state New York gave me a couple of boxes of 35mm colour slides of work dating back to the 70's/80's; none of the work is named.
As for the rest on the slider - unable to help.
Tight wraps. Chris

Harold T Durham
Site Admin

Postby Harold T Durham » Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:00 pm

Chris, if that is Garry sitting down, who is standing next to him?

Harold T Durham
Site Admin

Postby Harold T Durham » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:18 pm

I have just changed the Slider pictures,
Question
Does anyone look at them?

kerry hansen

Postby kerry hansen » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:33 pm

yes

Armando Caceres
Site Admin

Postby Armando Caceres » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:13 pm

With the update to the this forum, on the main page, if you scroll down to the bottom, right under the "About Us", in the gray section, there is a globe icon that is a link back to the main http://www.rodguild.com website. There is also a link to the Facebook page as well. I hope that this new addition helps. Cheers!

Return to “Custom Rod Building Forum”