Slider

Discussion of Custom Rod Building and Rod Building Activities.

Moderator: Harold T Durham

Harold T Durham
Site Admin

Slider

Postby Harold T Durham » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:06 pm

How many people can name all the peoples work on the slider on our home page?

Chester Kiekhafer

Re: Slider

Postby Chester Kiekhafer » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:53 pm

Not me.
Chester

May your lines be tight and your beverages be cold!

Chris Ward

Postby Chris Ward » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:33 am

Harold,
I would like to check out the slider without having to log out and open the website again. I have been unable to find a 'home page' button within the Board Index page.
One face I saw was Gary Land.

Stephen Hartzell

Postby Stephen Hartzell » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:58 am

I agree with Chris, it would be nice to be able to easily go from the Forum directly back to the Guild home page.

William Burkett

Postby William Burkett » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:00 pm

Well, on the current slider I see work by Mark Blabaum, Herb Vinzant, Ron Walter and maybe the flames are Jim Rippe and on the earlier version Jim Kastorf's weaves. I LOVE the photo of the dude running the table across the water!

I know the site is still being developed, but the slider would look better with better quality photos, as some of the current photos are very blurry in their close-ups and some don't fit properly.

There is no access yet to the Member Spotlight, maybe that could be incorporated in the slider.(?)

Harold T Durham
Site Admin

Postby Harold T Durham » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:27 pm

Chester Kiekhafer, I thought you would know the two guy's in the picture.

Chris Ward, this is the same Forum that the Guild has been using for at least the last 10 years so nothing has changed about going back and forth.
I also thought you would know who was with Garry Land.
I am working on a new Forum but don't know if you will be able to go back and forth like you speak of doing.
I have the Forum as a bookmark so I can just click on it and not have to go to the website and I also have one for the Photo Gallery also. That way I just have to hit a different tab.

William Burkett, you know most of the people and the work they do, good job. Getting the pictures the correct size takes a lot of time (and I don't have much extra) the quality of some of the photos are not that good, most of these pictures are from 2006 with some up to 2010. All these pictures can be seen in the Photo Gallery
Member Spotlight is something we are working on, all this takes time.

I apologize for the time it is taking, but I work on this until I get tired and have to just walk away for a couple of days.
Next Monday I am taking the Grand kids to the Gulf to go fishing so not much is going to happen until after I get back.

kerry hansen

Postby kerry hansen » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:47 pm

Maybe I am missing something, but is there currently photos available for viewing, or is it a misunderstanding on my part and it is still under development. I am still not able to view any photo site.

Harold T Durham
Site Admin

Postby Harold T Durham » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:58 pm

Kerry Hansen if you will look under the slider it has a picture of one of BD's works if you click on that button it says (Photo Gallery) it will take you to the old Photo Gallery and as with everything the new one is in the works. The Forum will come before the new Photo Gallery.

William Burkett

Postby William Burkett » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:04 am

Harold, take all the time you need. I'm not pushing or complaining one bit.

Harold T Durham
Site Admin

Postby Harold T Durham » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:45 am

I understand completely, I would like to thank you for all the post on the Photo Gallery.

kerry hansen

Postby kerry hansen » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:35 pm

I still am at a loss. I don't see anything that says "slider". what am I supposed to be looking for? Harold I copied what I see on my screen and will forward it to your email. Just curious why there isn't a list as before to which one can select from?

Harold T Durham
Site Admin

Postby Harold T Durham » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:42 pm

Kerry Hansen, Slider is the term used for the pictures changing.

Bob Balcombe

Postby Bob Balcombe » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:46 pm

Herold! I am like Kerry I can not find any pictures showing Sliders. where are they located? What is a slider any way?
Bob Balcombe
Good Wraps Bob

Harold T Durham
Site Admin

Postby Harold T Durham » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:05 pm

The slider is on the home page of our website http://www.rodguild.com. When you go to our home page you will see pictures changing, this changing of pictures is called Slider. Let me know if you have trouble finding them.

Bob Balcombe

Postby Bob Balcombe » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:09 pm

Herold I can not find the pictures. This is a new site tome! To me,This site is not like the old one
Bob Balcombe
Good Wraps Bob

Harold T Durham
Site Admin

Postby Harold T Durham » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:11 pm

Slider = Slideshow

Harold T Durham
Site Admin

Postby Harold T Durham » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:18 pm

Bob Balcombe, the website is new I started working on it February 9, 2016 published it about three weeks later. This Forum hasn't changed in the last ten years. I am working on a completely different Forum and will publish it in the near future. (within a month)

kerry hansen

Postby kerry hansen » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:03 am

OK I got it solved. My address book had the address that dumped me here on the forum. Before the site revision there were items we could select on the top right of this page that included photos. So when I chose my guild address in my favorites, as in the past, and I of course got this page, that does not as far as I can see any way to select home page which has the "slider" or selection button for photos. Fortunately an address was given 4 responses above which allowed me to change my address book "favorites" and automatically log onto the home page (and see photo selection). Is there maybe a reason why I don't see a selection option to go to the home page from this page?

Harold T Durham
Site Admin

Postby Harold T Durham » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:28 am

Kerry, this Forum is a completely different site than the website, this is the same Forum we have had for over ten years and it hasn't changed much. The Photo Gallery has a tab to return to the Home page, which makes it nice. The new Forum that I am working on I am not sure if I can install a tab to return to the Home page. Will look into that.

kerry hansen

Postby kerry hansen » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:43 pm

Thanks

Return to “Custom Rod Building Forum”