format

Discussion of Custom Rod Building and Rod Building Activities.

Moderator: Harold T Durham

kerry hansen

format

Postby kerry hansen » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:04 pm

Now that the site has been modified, I have a question. The previous design had a list of different things one could select running down on the top right of the screen. In that list was a selection of Photos. all I now see the forum. Is there something that I need to select to get a similar view like before the change?

Chester Kiekhafer

Re: format

Postby Chester Kiekhafer » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:32 am

I also noted a few things that needed to be tweaked. I think in time the bugs will be worked out. My take on this is to be patience and provide guidance as needed.

Chet
Chester

May your lines be tight and your beverages be cold!

Becky Loyd

Postby Becky Loyd » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:44 pm

Please bare with us folks. We are working on this and hope to quickly have things running smoothly. This has certainly been a learning process and it hasn't come without a few bumps. You can still post things here until the new forum is up. It should be soon.

kerry hansen

Postby kerry hansen » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:56 pm

Oh I wasn't complaining, I am so inept on the computer I thought maybe I wasn't doing something right. Also if I never asked I may not find out that it may be only me.
sorry for the typo, I had was instead of wasn't

Thanks
Last edited by kerry hansen on Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Al Engling
Site Admin

Postby Al Engling » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:20 am

I sure like what I am seeing so far and look forward to the new updates!

David Parker

Postby David Parker » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:07 pm

I am hoping that the bugs can be sorted out asap, for my annual membership and rod builder locator is due this month (March). The site won't let me purchase on-line to my International address (Canada) for some reason.......item is "out of stock"
I have contacted Harold for help and am still waiting a reply.............I just do not want my membership to expire!
Hoping someone can please help.
David Parker
Guild Certified Professional Rod Builder

Coldwater Ontario, Canada
www.fliesrodreelservice.com

Harold T Durham
Site Admin

Postby Harold T Durham » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:04 pm

David Parker email me at haroldtdurham@gmail.com and I will take care of it.

Chester Kiekhafer

Postby Chester Kiekhafer » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:28 pm

Here is something else to consider for the format.

The words within the pictures for "join the Guild", FORUM", Photo Gallery" and "Guild Merchandise" are very difficult to read on my iPhone. The words are very small. I like to suggest a correction or fix for this. I think if your going to let you know what isn't right you should also be able to suggest how to change it. I would remove the link from the pictures and include them in the top selection going across. The links would then populate along with the other links across the top in MENU and be selected from there. Also if you find away to make the words easier to read they should also be the font and format. Some are now in all caps and others are a mix of caps and lower case letters.

Thanks Harold for working with this, I know it is a struggle because I had to create my webpage and I'm still finding small things once in a while.
Chester

Harold T Durham
Site Admin

Postby Harold T Durham » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:35 pm

The template we are using has those four big buttons, to get rid of them we would have to go to another template. I am looking at removing the pictures and just putting the names across. We were thinking that having different peoples pictures would keep everyone involved. I will start removing the pictures

Chester Kiekhafer

Postby Chester Kiekhafer » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:56 am

The new format is coming along nicely!

I can move about between the various pages fairly well with the exception of moving from the "forum" page back to the main intro page. There needs to be a button or a link established.

Again a nice job and one that I might say is not small task to create a new one while trying to keep the existing one up!

GREAT JOB HAROLD !
Chester

Harold T Durham
Site Admin

Postby Harold T Durham » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:12 pm

Chester, on this Forum you can't go back to the home page but on the new Forum you can return to the Guilds website or go to our Facebook page with a link on the left side of the page.

Return to “Custom Rod Building Forum”