Moderator: Harold T Durham
- Posts: 105
- Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:02 pm
- Location: S.E. England, UK.
From my experience this can be a trial & error affair! With the biggest challenge being able to get both the male and female parts off with both intact and still fitting as intended. Does the labour time negate the cost of a new pair?
1) Try a little heat, quickly wrap ferrule part of several wraps of an old hand towel, using grip try to twist off ferrule - cloth pad is used to stop scratching etc of metal on metal. - you are looking for heat to have softened resin/glue used. If you are very lucky they used original Gudebrod ferrule stick cement which will soften.
2) Cut off ferrule and drill out rod blank. Good for new scars on hands/fingers!!
Good luck, Chris
- Posts: 123
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:11 pm
- Location: Elma, Washington State
Good Wraps Bob
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests